So, where shall I start. Bradyn I suppose. Kindergarten is going well. He loves it and is already twitterpated with a set of twin girls in his class. Everything is "Jewel and Jade this, and Jewel and Jade that". Like Bradyn, they are full of energy and I am just hoping and praying that they all stay out of trouble and that Bradyn doesn't come home with any naughty new habits or attitude like what happened with his girlfriend from preschool. Last week when Grandma went to pick him up the teacher made some comments about how sometimes Bradyn has problems listening...Not exactly what a mother wants to hear. So now before school I make sure I read him the riot act...just to jog his memory.
Today was his first day at school since Friday. Saturday he was feeling fine and then that night he woke up with croup...so after trying to defuse it myself with no success, I took him to emerg. He got the usual steroid nebulizer and drink treatment and we were home by 2 a.m. We kept him home this week to try to contain the germs, but when I picked him up today I noticed that all the other kids were snotty and hacking too, so futile efforts on my part???
Evan is doing good. He was the first one to get the cold, but he is back to 100% now. A few weeks ago he had his follow up appointment with the speech therapist. She was very impressed and suggested we go back in a year for his final assessment and discharge from the system.
Avery is also snotty and congested, and still refuses to say any words. Today I thought he said baby, but it isn't consistent, so I will keep working on it.
Not much else new here. Hope everyone is doing well, and now with the colder weather settling in, I hope to keep up with the blogging a little better!





4 comments:
Ha - B... is so cute. Not listening - I think he's just doing his own thing!
Sorry about the croup - that sucks. So far so good - only a few snot nose days but nothing serious.
lol, he is totally independant and likes to do his own thing. I guess he was at the listening station and the teacher wanted the kids to go to the mat...Bradyn's story wasn't quite finished. lol. I guess it ended in Bradyn scowling at her and finally stomping his way to "circle time". Haha, gotta be rough to be 4!!
Ahhh...school life begins...fyi...as a teacher...I notice most students don't listen very well at the beginning of kindergarten...especially busy boys! I know I'll be getting that same tidbit of info from Kai's future teachers. He looks adorable by the way!!!
Post a Comment