Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 31, 2006

An Unofficial Avery Update

As I mentioned before, Avery has been referred to a pediatrician regarding his lack of growth over the past two months. On Monday I called the pediatrician's office to see when he would be getting in for an appointment. It turns out that they aren't booking referrals until October. I explained the situation to the receptionist, and she was able to bump it up to September 20th. I was not satisfied with this, so I called our GP to see if this was okay with him...It was. Not the news I was hoping to hear. So after hearing that, I packed Avery up and took him into the doctor's office where I work. I wanted to weigh and measure him myself to see if there had been any improvement since last week, and since starting him on solids twice a day (which might I add, Avery LOVES). The results were startling! According to my measurements, Avery weighs in at a whopping 13 lbs 7 oz, and 25 1/2" long. This would mean that he has gained approximately a pound and one and a half inches in just over a week. Impossible you say? I couldn't agree more. My theory is that the lady at the office has no clue how to weigh and measure a baby. Just last week a friend of ours took her little boy in for his 18 month check and the lady measured him as an inch and a half shorter than he was at 12 months. Anyway, you better believe that this will be brought up at my next Dr. visit.
So now that Avery has actually gained some weight, I can breath a sigh of relief. He is still at the bottom of the charts for both weight and length, but at least we have some progress.

2 comments:

Kevin, Sylvia, Abby and Hannah said...

Hi, I haven't checked your blog in a bit nice to get caught up. Sarah you are so on top of your game you put me to shame. Again I must say you guys make handsome looking boys. So glad to hear that Avery is gaining weight. Looks like he has a good working metabolism, lucky boy. Abby starts preschool tommorow. I might call you tommorow night to have a little cry can't believe how quickly she is growing. Miss you guys. Love, Sylvia

chaoticfamily said...

Okay I commented on this and it must not have stuck. So really I wasn't ignoring u.

I think that half the time the old biddies at the health unit although very sweet, they miss weigh my guys. Glad that A. is eating more and he looks great.