Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yet another attempt.

So here we are a very large handful of days and weeks later and I am once again going to attempt to keep up with this blog. Not very many eventful things have been going on with us. Mostly the same ol' same ol' plugging along with our day to day life and routine. There have been a couple big events though. One with the house selling...praise the Lord as that might have been the longest most difficult year and a half EVER. Also Grandma Shirley has moved from Penticton to come live with us. They boys are thrilled to have Grandma under the same roof again as they were suffering withdrawal from the spoiling I think.
Little miss Addie is almost 18 months now and is doing fantastic. Her eczema is back in full force after I started using dryer sheets and then attempted to change her laundry soap, so we are back to water washes only for a while until her clothes are soap and dryer sheet residue free. Her words are really coming these days and she is more than willing to mock and mimic just about everything her brothers say....good or bad! She also has it in her mind that she rules the roost and what ever she says MUST go or beware of her ear piercing screeches of discontent! Such a silly girl and such a tough cookie! I have never met a baby that is as tough and resilient as her. She runs and plays outside and inevitably falls and scrapes herself and you would never know it until she comes in with blood streaming down her knees. The girl feels no pain!
Avery is also doing great. His speech is really coming along and I am sure he is now just about up to par with all the other 4 year olds. We have a speech therapy appointment on Monday so we shall see!  His little personality is really starting to blossom along with the speech. He used to be quiet and shy and now is very loud and outgoing like his brothers. He is also very very independent and loves to lay outside in the dirt quietly playing with his cars and "mighty machines". Lately Avery has really taken a keen interest in learning his letters and learning to write them. He has some very impressive fine motor skills that surpasses most kids 2 years older than him, including Evan!
Evan is now almost finished his year of kindergarten and has loved it! We just got his report card and it was fantastic! He exceeding expectations for reading and writing and is meeting expectations for all other areas. He is such a social kid and has absolutely loved being in school. Today was a big day for Evan! He lost his very first tooth as he was eating his apple! He was so excited that he had to call Daddy at work and give him the good news. The tooth fairy is going to be very busy (and broke) tonight as Bradyn lost a tooth in the middle of the night last night too!
Bradyn has matured a lot this year and is finally starting to settle in to this school. After being in 3 grade 1 classes he finally seems to be making friendships.There isn't much harder for a mom to watch her child not fit in and struggle with friendships so I think this is a bigger excitement for me than him! Bradyn's last report card was a huge surprise and delight! He has never had a report card that didn't include some sort of negative comment about his attention and his ability to finish his work in class and a comment about how he has problems in social situations....until NOW! His report card was a a glowing beaming amazing testimony of his growth over the past few months and he also was exceeding expectations in his reading and writing skills! I am very proud of his efforts and I am very happy his teacher has taken note.
As for us adults, things are really good! Dan is still loving his job and has a managers meeting coming up in 2 weeks.....in Scottsdale, Arizona! I am a tad jealous to say the least!
I am now 18 weeks along and I am very happy to be past the nasty first trimester! I had absolutely no nausea with the boys but was sick as a dog with Addie and with this one, so the going guess is that it's a girl, but we will find out for sure in one week! I am quite excited to find out. 
Well, not much more to say for now. I will try to get some photos on here and keep up with this! (although, I really have no idea if anyone still reads this..)

No comments: